July 05, 2005

Well, that gives a new perspective on things.

You know, it's one thing to sing to your karaoke machine, belting out the tunes and having a good time with it, and then it's something altogether different to listen to a recording of yourself singing to your karaoke machine, belting out the tunes and having a good time with it. If you've guessed that I must have spent part of the evening taping myself singing in preparation for Friday's Karaoke Party, you're right. Some things I've learned about the process so far: the echo effect doesn't make you sound nearly as good as you think it does, the way you think you're singing a song isn't how you're singing it at all, and I now understand why most people refuse to sing karaoke unless drunk. However, I am not frightened by this new knowledge and I will march forward with my plans to bring music into the lives of every last one of you, whether you like it or not. I like to think that at this point I'm really on a mission from God.

No comments: