July 13, 2005

Maybe I'm just getting old.

I've noticed for the last few weeks that every time I run, I experience hip pain afterwards. This has never happened to me and I don't know why it's happening now. I do have to say I am surprised to learn that my hip joint is as high up on my body as it is, though. I would have thought it was much lower. The hip pain isn't debilitating or anything, it's just weird that it's happening. Which makes me wonder whether or not this is just a symptom of aging. Is this what I can expect more of? Random pain. I thought exercising was supposed to keep a body strong, not break it down. I'm only 36. What can I expect in another 15 years? Still, I figure I'm better off with the pain and exercising than no pain and no exercising. I'm really sleepy all of a sudden. I wish I could take a nap. We don't enjoy naptime enough when we're kids in preschool. I'd love to have a scheduled naptime now. Actually, studies have determined that people are more productive if allowed catnaps during the day. Employers should intergrate naptime as part of the normal working day. I bet profits would soar sky high. Science can't be wrong, after all.

No comments: