August 01, 2005

Wedding Crashers will make you laugh so hard you pee your pants.

And that's the truth, straight up. As you can guess, my husband and I went to watch Wedding Crashers over the weekend and I have not laughed harder at a movie in my entire life. It's just so funny. I was seriously wiping the tears from my eyes I was laughing so hard. Granted, it's a crude kind of funny, but that's just how I like it. So go watch it. However, one thing that happened when we were leaving the movie was that we noticed a mother and father with their two children also leaving the movie. The kids looked to be anywhere between 10 and 12 to me. Wedding Crashers is an R-rated movie. It has cursing and nudity. I've said it before and I'm going to say it again, I do not understand parents who take their children to watch crazily inappropriate movies. Even as an adult, I wouldn't want to watch Wedding Crashers with my parents because I'd be afraid to know which parts they laugh at. There are some things about your parents' sexual knowledge that you just shouldn't know about. And seeing them laugh over the "just the tip" line would be way too much for me. Anyway, I certainly cannot imagine taking my own daughter to watch a movie like Wedding Crashers. Like there aren't enough things out in popular culture I've to keep away from my daughter, I'm going to shove her right into the middle of the crassest of it. I wonder if a lot of parents today even know what's age-appropriate anymore. This is one thing I can say with complete certainty: if the movie's got loose titties and hand-jobs, it's not what you would call a family film.

Speaking of family films, however, we also went to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory two weeks ago and that was alright. I'm not a huge fan of the original movie (which I also think is just alright) and I can say that this version didn't inspire me any more than the first. Have I already talked about Charlie and the Chocolate Factory? I can't remember. Although, I do remember wanting to get a big ole chocolate bar after watching the movie, which I did. I don't know what it is about watching kids unwrap a beautiful bar of chocolate, but it makes me want one.

Does anyone watch Celebrity Fit Club on VH1? My husband likes this show, so we've been watching it and I have to just ask what in the hell is wrong with Willie Aames? They showed him going off the deep-end last night because they sent someone to his house to help him work out. He was pounding his door and generally acting like a major ass. Then he hoses down the exercise guy. Willie Aames is crazy as far as I can tell. Then he started yelling at Harvey about respect and I don't know how sending someone to your house to exercise shows disrespect, but I'm sure the dots all connect for Willie in some way. But isn't Willie Aames supposed to be all born again now? Why is he flipping out? Doesn't seem like he's gotten much peace from his religion. Watching Toccara do her pole dancing was pretty funny because she couldn't keep herself up on the pole. I'd like to try that one time just to see how hard it is to spin around that thing.

No comments: