August 24, 2005

Easy come, easy go.

Did I mention that we got rid of our guinea pigs over the weekend at our neighborhood yard sale? If not, we got rid of our guinea pigs over the weekend at our neighborhood yard sale. My daughter wants a snake and my husband convinced her to get rid of the guinea pigs before he'd even contemplate getting her another pet. This is why we don't have a dog or a cat, they're just not disposable enough. My parents can't believe we got rid of them, though.

"How can you be so cruel?" my mom asked.

I don't care about them. They're not my pets. I mean they were cute and everything, but I wasn't really emotionally attached to them or anything. What really surprised me was that my husband spearheaded the whole get-rid-of-the-guinea-pigs movement. They loved him and would squeak anytime they saw him. If they only understood his betrayal, I'm sure they would curse him for 100 lifetimes.

"We gave you our hearts," I'm sure they would say. "And you threw us out without a second glance. Bastard." Then they would collapse in tears and succumb to their grief. That's how I picture it, anyway.

No comments: