August 03, 2005

It's all about the colon.

Lately, my husband and I have been trying to eat healthier, so we try to go with more organic foods and whole grains and all that other good stuff. We have two small health food markets in town and what amazes me when we go into them is the number of "colon-cleansing" products that are available. Seriously, I want to know what the connection between healthy living and colon cleansing is. I assume these products are laxatives. Is that really the key to good health, shitting all day? I mean the number of pills, powders and mixes intended for cleaning out the plumbing suggests an obsession for some to me. Just like these celebrities that do the whole colonics thing. That's just weird. Unless you've got something really lodged in good up there, I don't see a need for therapeutic enemas. And why is is always Hollywood types that buy into all this stuff? What about being a celebrity makes you want to try this?

No comments: