August 02, 2005

Failed experiment

I tried to be tricky and see if I could upload my song files using Blogger's new picture upload function so I wouldn't have to store the files on my own server. It failed. I guess the Blogger picture function will only recognize image extensions. At least, that's what I'm guessing. But really, who knows? As usual, we're leaving for my brother's wedding in a couple of days and I still haven't finished my daughter's dress. I'm almost finished and it won't be a problem getting it done before I leave, but it's so typical of me. I've been procrastinating and using up the entire month I had instead of just doing it in the couple of days it would actually have taken if I'd just focused. What's that theory about using the amount of time you have to finish a job instead of using the time it actually takes? I can't remember the name of it. I can officially say I am very excited to be seeing my little girl. This week as been the real week of missing her. Everything up until now has been pretty easy, but I am really missing her today. You would think when you've got a break from your kid you'd take full advantage of it and just forget about them for a little while, but my husband and I still spend lots of time talking about our daughter even though she's not here. We basically tell each other the things she said when we talk to her on the phone and whatnot. Don't get me wrong, though. I have thoroughly enjoyed the downtime. There's definitely something to be said for only having to look out for oneself. I don't have to worry about my husband because he's an adult and can take of himself, so that's just been leaving me to myself. It is kind of like being on vacation. My husband and I have been using paper plates the entire time our daughter has been gone because somehow we're under the illusion that we just don't have to try as hard with life while she's out of town. Which is interesting because that's the sort of thing you'd expect the kid to do when the parents are away. "Woohoo, they're out of here, I'm only using paper plates so there are no dishes for me." Last night my husband said he didn't think we needed to go back to normal plates just because our daughter was coming home, but I put the kabosh on that pretty quickly. If we're too lazy when she's around, then she'll turn out lazy and God knows I don't want that happening.

No comments: