September 06, 2005

Sad news

Heard some sad news over the weekend. One of the ladies on my social life committee lost her newborn baby. They had to deliver early because an ultrasound showed water on the lungs and they didn't expect the baby to live, but it's obviously still very heart-wrenching. It's the woman who I don't much like, the one who never really helps. But despite not being my favorite person, no one deserves to have something like that happen to them. She's really had a crappy month because her mother died a few weeks ago, too. It just makes you realize how precious life is and how you can't take for granted any of your loved ones because you don't know what tomorrow brings. I just put a condolence card in the mail. I don't know what I would do in a similar circmustance. Losing my child is the only thing that really scares me.

No comments: