September 14, 2005

Disappointment in Paradise

Why can't anything we want end up the way we want it to end up? What am I talking about? I'm talking about my new iPod Shuffle. Guess what I found out yesterday. You can only download songs from one computer. If you try to plug it into a different computer than the one you originally downloaded from, you've basically got to erase your entire song base before the new computer will recognize it (the iPod). I've got two computers with different music and I can't just download some songs from one computer and then download other songs from the other computer. AAARGH!!! The fantasy is ruined. Ruined, I tell you. Other than that little glich, the iPod works GREAT! I used it yesterday when I went running and I was very pleased. It's just the downloading issue I've got problems with.

So I'm currently in the process of getting my daughter hooked on Judy Blume books. Reading Judy Blume books is an indespensible rite of passage for young readers as far as I'm concerned. I can't even tell you how many times I've read Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret. Not that I'm starting her off with the hardcore stuff, mind you. We've just finished Tales of a Fourth-Grade Nothing and are currently reading Otherwise Known as Sheila the Great. If you're a girl and you're not familiar with Judy Blume books, I can only guess that you're an alien from another galaxy. My daughter is really enjoying the books. I've told her a little bit about what Are You There God? is about, but I'll have to wait before I go too much into what Deenie is about. For those who don't know, Deenie is about a girl who has to wear a back-brace and deals with life's troubles by masturbating. My girl is only seven, I think she can wait a few more years before she discovers the world of masturbation within the pages of a Judy Blume book.

No comments: