September 21, 2005

Hey y'all.

First off, I want to give a shout out to my brother for taking care of posting for me yesterday. I've been feeling kind of overwhelmed lately and haven't been able to devote much time to the whole blogging thing. I'm sure you appreciate the break from me as well. My brother is much funnier than I am. He should post more often. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, know what I mean? I don't really have anything interesting to talk about today. We have a parents meeting at my daughter's school tonight to start learning about her first confession. This is in preparation for her first communion in the Spring. I haven't been to confession myself in an awfully long time. I should go, but it seems hard to fit in. I'm sure I'll have to do some sort of confession during this entire thing with my daughter. The main thing that freaks me out about confession isn't even telling my sins. I'll tell that to anyone who listens. What makes me nervous is that I'm never sure when to start saying the act of contrition. Most of the time the priest just starts praying over you and you're supposed to do the act of contrition at the same time, but that just seems rude to me to talk at the same time as the priest. Also, I don't know the act of contrition by heart, so I'm afraid I'll mess it up. I should just take a little card in with me then it wouldn't be such a big deal. Why don't I have the act of contrition memorized? Because I don't go to confession that often, haven't you been paying attention? So that's my great shame. I'm all flumoxed by the act of contrition part and I'm very self-conscious about making a fool of myself in front of the priest. It's not rational, I know. OK, I just discovered it's possible to eat too many Hershey kisses in one sitting. And too many is 10. Excuse me while I go ralph.

No comments: