September 27, 2005

Another blasted coldsore.

If you haven't been able to guess from today's title, I've got another stinking coldsore. I don't know what sparked it this time. I don't remember being exposed to bright sunshine anytime recently. Maybe it's because I've been feeling a little under pressure at work. So it's back to popping acyclovir. We did our trivia night over the weekend and my team only came in fourth, which isn't too shabby. But we were never close to taking top honors, so it wasn't nearly as exciting a night as last time. I have to say, they got a little harder with the questions this time around. But like I said, we didn't embarass ourselves or anything, so that was alright. One of the categories was college fight songs and we had to listen to sound clips of different songs and write down which school they belonged to. I don't know about you, but all fight songs sound the same to me, so I was like, "Don't even expect me to have any input on this one." And they did all sound the same to me. Drums, trumpets, cymbals. Quite frankly, I don't know that I'd even recognize the Penn State fight song if it started playing.

My husband starts his new job today, so he was a little excited and nervous. I have to say I feel nervous and excited about it, too. I'm excited for him to have the opportunity to really do the sorts of things he's been wanting to do and I'm nervous because I want him to feel like he's in a good place to work. I have to take my daughter to the petstore today to buy a pinkie for her snake. This will be the fourth one and I have to say it gets less disturbing watching the snake eat the little mouse with each subsequent feeding. It's funny how long it sometimes takes the snake to finally get his jaws around the mouse, though. It doesn't seem to be something he has a lot of instinct about. Sometimes he trys to start eating it my grabbing it on the side rather than the head or bottom. I don't know, it's funny to me but maybe that's just normal.

No comments: