June 27, 2005

Tom Cruise is the debil!

Alright, I get to pay homage to The Waterboy twice in a week. Woohoo. Is that cool or what? Anyway, back to Tom Cruise being the debil. So Tom went psycho on the Today Show, telling Matt Lauer he doesn't know anything about psychiatry. And while, that's all very interesting, I want to look more closely at this statement that Cruise made earlier in the interview:

"Scientology is something that you don't understand. It's like you could be a Christian and be a Scientologist. It is a religion in that it deals with the spirit, you as a spiritual being."

I think the person who's not understanding is Tom. It's not like you could be a Christian and be a Scientologist because if you're Christian, you're not going to believe or accept that dead aliens are living inside of you. If you're Christian, you're Christian. If you're a Scientologist, you're a Scientologist. That's like saying you could be Christian and Jewish. Umm, no, I don't think so. Also, last time I checked, Christianity deals with the spirit as well, so why would a Christian need Scientology to address the issue of man as a spiritual being? Like I said in my earlier post, Tom can be Scientologist of the world if he wants and that's his own damn business. Please, go and proselytize till you're blue in the face, Tommy-boy, but I'm going to have to disagree with attempts to push Scientology as something to augment whatever religion a person already practices. Sorry, Tom, Scientology is not the Cliff Notes to my Catholicism.

No comments: