June 21, 2005

Mystery solved.

My daughter has pneumonia. It has really been an interesting month for disease in this house. The good news is we now know why she had such a fierce fever and the pneumonia is not a severe case and should be treated easiy with anitbiotics. However, I am home again with her today because the doctor recommended that she stay home for at least a day for the antibiotics to kick in. I've got to take her back next week to make sure everything has cleared up the way it should. The doctor said she'll probably continue coughing for at least another couple of weeks, though. I asked the doctor if her having been treated for the staph infection could have contributed to her developing the pneumonia. You know, did the antibiotics on that go round kill good bacteria that would have prevented the bad bacteria from taking hold and the doctor said she didn't think so. She thinks it's just a coincidence.

I have to say I'm a little worried about sending my daughter off to Montana next month with her recovering from all these illnesses. Although my brother-in-law is a doctor and should be able to keep an eye on things, I'm wondering if I won't be putting too much stress on her immune system with all the traveling.

I'm going to go take a shower now because I stink.

No comments: