June 02, 2005

I'm crispy flavored.

Yesterday was Field Day at my daughter's school. I volunteered for the day and worked the Wheelbarrow Race, which was fine. I was outside all day without sunblock and I am paying the piper now, my friends. I look like Zebra Woman for all the striped patches on my arms and legs. I slathered the sunblock on my face, however, because, you know, I don't want wrinkles. I am literally red and white. If there is a bright side, it's that I'm not burned over every square inch of my body. The thing I hate most about sunburns is the twitching. The pain causes you to spasm every now and again and for some reason it just bugs the living crap out of me. Unfortunately, when I burn, my skin stays dark for a very long time. I've still got a dark patch on my lower back from a sunburn I got two years ago. I really don't want to look like a farmer for two years.

Today is my daughter's last day of school for the year, so she's pretty excited. While my husband and I are stuck here working, my daughter has quite the travel-packed summer laid out. She's home for June, then she'll go to Montana to go on a horseback-riding, back country camping trip with my sister's family. She'll stay in Montana until everyone heads to DC in August for my brother's wedding, at which time my husband and I will collect her and bring her back home, then it's right back to school again. Oh to be young and free and have places to go and people to see. Sigh.

No comments: