June 15, 2005

Don't know what's going on.

My daughter still has a fever. No one seems to know what it's about. My husband took her to the doctor yesterday and she doesn't have strep, she doesn't have an ear infection, she doesn't have a UTI, and her minor cough does not seem to have anything to do with it. They sent her urine sample to the lab to check for bacteria, but the medical staff are stymied. When I say she's been running a fever since Sunday, I'm talking about a fever. Her temperature has been ranging between 101-102 for four days. When she's on the Motrin, she's fine, but as soon as the medicine wears off, she's back to where she started. I'm officiallly worried now because I automatically assume when there is no reasonable answer, the remaining options can't be that good. Right now she's lying under my desk playing her Gameboy. I wanted to try and send her to daycare just to see how it would go, but she really didn't want to and my husband didn't think it would help her out. Of course, she wants to go tomorrow because Thursdays are treasure chest day at daycare, so she is not about to miss out on gift day, girlfriend. While we were walking to the office I asked if she thought she felt like she would have been OK at Kristy's after all. She said, "No, I don't want to spread my disease around to everyone else."

I said, "But you don't care about spreading your disease around tomorrow, do you?"

Then she just looked at me with a sheepish grin and asked, "What do you mean?"

"I think you know exactly what I mean," I answered.

I am worried, though, about whatever is causing her to have a fever. I'm probably going to dig around on Google a little today where I'll find out all unexplainable fevers in children are caused by leukemia or something equally as bad. Naw, I'm not overly dramatic. Why do you ask?

So, I installed my toilet last night and so far, so good. No leaking. No shattering. No exploding. You know, sometimes I amaze even myself with my ability to do just about anything. Really. I am amazing. I could have my own show I'm so amazing. When I went to the store, they had this new-fangled toilet gasket that you use in place of the wax ring. It has a ten-year guarantee not to leak, so I decided to give it a try. I'm hoping that since there is no wax to compress, the seal will work better. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Now that I've proved my handiness around the house, yet again, I think I'm going to get started on that addition I've always wanted.

No comments: