October 19, 2005

So it's like this...

I have so mastered the art of getting around the office by just pushing around on my chair that I believe I can be confidently dubbed the Dorothy Hamil of chair maneuvering. And I'm serious. It's really about the ability to push and turn at the same time that defines the expert, which is me. If chairnastics was an Olympic sport, I'd get the gold for sure. But enough of my chair mastery. We have to go to a pumpkin patch tonight with my daughter's brownie troop. Last year it was pretty cold, so I hope it's not so frigid this time around. The best part about going to the pumpkin patch is that they let you roast marshmallows at the end. Mmmmmm, roasted marshmallows. I might have to pick up my own bag so I don't have to share with those greedy, grabby brownie scouts. Bitches.

I was reading a little bit about the recovery efforts in New Orleans and I'm still just amazed by everything that's happened down there. Now they say this Hurricane Wilma is, like, the biggest hurricane ever. Big reason why I don't live along the southern coastal regions of this country. I can't imagine living in an area where I've got to constantly evacuate. What about living down there makes it worth it to people? It seems like the entire planet is being plagued by massive natural disasters over the last couple of months, which can only mean one thing: Armageddon! I believe this entire year was a Nostradamus prediction, if I'm not mistaken. I'm going to go rent that Orson Wells movie to double check.

No comments: