October 05, 2005

I'm a pepper, you're a pepper...

Remember the good old days when werewolves endorsed soda? Yeah, good times, good times. I don't know what to talk about today. My colleague Renee says I should talk about the vendor fair we went to today, where we got all kinds of free stuff. The biggest prize of the day was a huge yardstick. It's actually more than just a flat stick, it's like a yardclub because it's thick and square and looks more like a samuri sword than a measuring device. It should prove quite useful in doling out punishment in the house. We got free cookies, too. And they were warm to boot. I also got free cake. I'm on the Nutrisystem right now, so I'm hoping the cookie and cake don't do too much damage. But, you know, you only live once, so what the heck. How am I supposed to turn down Bailey's Irish Cream Torte, I ask you? It's like expecting someone to stop breathing or something. Crazy talk is what it is. Plus, it was just a small piece. A crumb really. The cookie was big though. Renee helped herself to the free hotdog and chips, but I passed on that. I got a free light up yo-yo. That was pretty cool. I wish I could do yo-yo tricks. I always wanted to do that walk the dog move. I don't know how one learns to do yo-yo tricks, but it would be pretty cool if I could.

I've decided my daughter will start taking guitar lessons. It's dawned on me that she's not really very disciplined and I think taking guitar lessons will give her some of that. She needs to understand that sometimes you do stuff for no other reason than you have to and you've got to see those things out to the end. I told her my plan yesterday. She'd rather learn the bongos, she told me. But I explained I didn't think I'd be able to find a bongo teacher. I gave her the choice of guitar or piano and she chose guitar. I would have made her do guitar anyway because I don't have room in my house for a piano. So I just put her on the waiting list at a guitar place down the street from where we live. Hopefully, it won't take too long before they can take her in. The lady asked me if I preferred a certain teacher and I told her I just need someone really, really patient because my daughter likes to spend a lot of time explaining why she can't do something as way to try and get out of doing something. The lady said all their teachers are patient. We'll see, we'll see.

No comments: