July 15, 2004

I am the down-trodden.

So the books finally came in today and I've just spent the entire afternoon on the mailing. Wow! It was the most fun I've ever had. That's a lie. I'm sitting here thinking about going grocery shopping before I pick up my daughter rather than after. My primary reason for wanting to shop without her is that I get away cheaper for the trip when she's not with me. I remember when my siblings and I were children we'd drive our mother crazy by re-enacting the commercials for every product she picked off the shelves. My daughter doesn't recite the commercials as much as tell me why I should get a certain product.

"Mom, this helps you clean everything really quickly. Like, super quick."
"How do you know this?"
"I saw the commercial, and it worked really fast."
"What do we say about the stuff on television?"
"It's a lie."

Well, I am off to grocery shop sans the child.

No comments: