May 17, 2006

Let's get physical.

Or not. My doctor told me I don't have to go to physical therapy after this week. I will still need to work out my knee at least three times a week, but I can now do it without paying someone $20 a session to watch me do it. So that's good. I told my physical therapist that I'd like him to write up a program that I can follow on my own at the gym. The doctor told me to only worry about things like a stationary bike or elliptical to work on movement, but not to worry about continuing strength training, which I'm not going to listen to. I don't know why he doesn't think the strength training is beneficial, but it only makes sense to get the muscles as strong as possible, as far as I'm concerned.

My daughter told me last night that she doesn't want me doing taekwondo when I'm back to normal because she's afraid I'll re-injure myself. I told her I'd be careful. She seems to think I'm going to permanently maim myself or something. It's cute that she's concerned and all. That means she's empathetic, which means I'm an awesome mother.

No comments: