March 01, 2005

Potty mouth update.

OK, all I can say about the swearing is that I am still trying. I am still trying. What this experience has really taught me is that I swear without even thinking about it. It just comes out. But I am really trying to think about what I say before I say it. Somehow when people do stupid things in traffic, though, I just can't help myself. I didn't mention the Oscars yesterday. I love the Oscars but it's harder to justify staying up for the entire thing as time goes on and I know I have to get up early the next morning to take my daughter to school, and go to work. I've always been a eight-hours-a-night gal, but I am just not as willing as I once was to sacrifice my sleep because the next day is just not worth it. It's kind of the same thing with drinking. Sometimes it's really a drag doing the responsible thing. It really is.

Anyway, the Oscars. The Oscars is like my Superbowl. I used to dream about winning an Oscar by the time I turned 30. I still dream about winning an Oscar. If I could make my living as an actress, I'd do it. Even if I could just go to the Oscars one day, that would be a dream come true. Of course, part of the dream includes people dressing me and doing my hair and make-up. I have to say I didn't like the way they had some of the people go onstage to hear if they won or not, and how they gave some of the people their prizes in the aisles. That seemed kind of cheesy to me. I mean, let these people get their awards in a dignified manner. If you were winning an Oscar, would you want to have them just hand it to you while you sat in your seat? No. I'd want to walk down the aisle and wave and act all surprised and overwhelmed. It's kind of like being called up as the next contestant on The Price is Right. You've got to have the aisle walk. That's half the experience of winning the award. As far as Chris Rock goes, I think he's funny. I think he's really funny, as a matter of fact, but I didn't think his whole schpeal about President Bush was appropriate for the Oscars. It's just not the proper forum. I did think his jokes about Jude Law (sorry Jude, you know I love you, but it was funny) and how movie studios should wait for the stars they want was pretty funny. However, it did seem he took the easy route by making fun of people who weren't there. That's because he didn't want anyone to come up and pop him one at an after party. It's understandable. It's the Oscars, after all.

No comments: