March 15, 2005

I'm a WINNER!

Sorry attempt at self-affirmation or am I, in fact, a winner? Oh baby, I am a winner all the way. A few days ago I took my daughter to get her hair trimmed and while I was waiting, I noticed a contest display for a complete makeover. Of course, I filled out an entry sheet because if you're gonna win something, a makeover is a pretty good thing. Anyway, last night I get a call from Jenny telling me I've WON.

"Really?" I screeched. "I actually won the makeover?"

"Yes, yes. You have won the makeover."

"Wow."

So the makeover includes make-up, hair, body massage, facial, and maybe some other stuff I'm not remembering. I'm most excited about the hair, though, because I am in desperate need of a cut. However, there are some catches, as there always are. Apparently, they take a before photo of me and then an after photo and then some judges obviously look at other makeover winners to see who has the most dramatic change. I don't know what that contest is all about, but I'm getting some free beautifying, so I don't really care.

After I got off the phone, my daughter was very excited about the win. She said, "Wow. congratulations, Mom. Good job."

I asked her if she remembered seeing me fill out the form at the salon and she said no. But she was really happy for me, nonetheless. Winning is all that counts in her mind. So Jenny, the makeup girl, is coming to my house on Saturday to "consult." She's asked me to invite friends if I like, which really means she's hoping that she can still make some sales (I think she's a Mary Kay consultant) since she can't really expect me to buy anything off her. So I'll invite a couple of friends over to play with the makeup. My husband asked if it was alright if he left during the cosmetics orgy. But while my luck is hot, I think I should enter the extreme house makeover or something.

No comments: