March 10, 2005

I am sooooo bored.

I'm bored. Is there something weird going on with Blogger or is it just me? Everything looks weird and my blogroll isn't showing on the side. Something is definitely afoot. I'm bored. Did I mention that? I'm literally sitting here watching the tomato and mozerella salad I made for dinner last night warm up to room temperature so I can eat it for lunch. My daughter asked me this morning if I like to write stories and I told her yes. She asked why I didn't choose to do that as a job and I told her that I did choose to do it for a job. "That's what a journalist does," I said. "Write stories." Of course, I'm not a journalist anymore. Well, I'm not a paid journalist anymore, but you can never really stop asking questions and trying to dig up dirt on something. I really wonder what my daughter will do when she grows up. She seems interested in so many things that it's hard to pick out a clear line of interest. She loves animals and says she's going to work at the Australia Zoo with the Crocodile Hunter when she grows up. However, she seems incredibly interested in writing stories. She's always making up stories in her head, but she never expresses an interest in wantiing to write when she grows up. She also loves art. She can sit and concentrate on art projects for hours, which is odd for a kid her age. But she never says anything about doing that either. She only talks about working at Australia Zoo. But she's not interested in being a vet. If people misunderstand her to mean she wants to be a vet, she says, "No. I am going to work with the Crocodile Hunter. That's different than being a veternarian." Actually, what I think she's talking about is being a zoologist, but she doesn't know what to call it yet.

Getting back to why I'm bored. I don't want to be here right now so I'm just sitting here watching the clock. I keep thinking about things I've got to do that I could be doing right now if I weren't here. I've got to finish my daughter's Easter dress. I've also got to replace the screens on our screened-in porch, but I've got to wait until the weather's a little warmer before I really tackle that. Of course, I've still got the sink I have to replace in the half-bath. You see, lots of stuff to do. I don't even want to sit and write here anymore I'm so bored, so I'm signing off for now.

No comments: