January 18, 2006

One down, one to go.

Knocked out the EEG, only have the MRI left to go. This week, anyway. The EEG wasn't bad. I actually dozed off a little and the tech didn't detect anything unusual while she was monitoring the fierce electric currents coming off my brain. All I hope about the MRI is that they put me in a tube where my head gets to stick out because I don't know how I'll do shoved all the way into a potato chip can. Guess we'll find out.

I think my daugther has a crush on her taekwondo instructor. He's this 18- or 19-year-old kid, and he's really good with the kids in class. A couple of days ago she asked me if I thought he had a girlfriend and I said I have no idea but it's quite possible.

"But do you think he does?" she asked again.

"I really don't know, honey." I answered. "It's quite possible. He and Miss Mitchell (one of the other instructors) might be boyfriend and girlfriend for all I know."

"But do you think he's on the path to young love?" she inquired. (She really did ask that because that is how she talks. No lie.)

"Honey, I really don't know. Why are you asking, anyway?"

She responded by just sort of shrugging her shoulders. "Just curious."

And that was that. Last night, as we were driving to taekwondo, she asked if I thought her instructor's last name was weird. I said, "No, his last name is Irish."
Then she said her first name and his last name together and said, "Hmmmm, Irishy."

Although it's been some time, as I recall little girls only match up their first name with a boy's last name when they've got a crush. Maybe I'm wrong in this case. Who knows. But I will definitely be monitoring the situation. After all, ten years is a pretty big age difference.

No comments: