January 12, 2006

Continuing saga of the knee

Well, I went to my regular doctor yesterday so she could take a look at my knee and she thinks it's possible I may have torn some cartiledge. I'll be having an MRI next week to discover the true extent of damage. Hopefully, I haven't torn cartiledge. Hopefully, my knee can get back to good shape with just physical therapy. She also gave me crutches so I don't have to use the immobilizer anymore, which is good because I can already feel my knee getting stiff and using crutches makes it easier to sit down and things like that. I can, in fact, put weight on my leg now and I'm primarily using the crutch just in case. I think my dependence at this point is more psychological than anything else because I am really afraid of my knee giving out if I step down. However, the suckiness of this entire situation is still pretty sucky. I've never injured my knee before and I never imagined doing so could be such a pain in the posterior, in addition to the knee. I told my doctor that the good side note of all of this is that I never felt like I was going to pass out when I injured the knee, so that should indicate something good. She gave me a high-five when I told her that. I also have an EEG next week to try and pinpoint this fainting/near-fainting problem I seem to be experiencing. Having to go in for these tests is really screwing up my schedule, though. I don't know why taking care of these things can't be a little more convenient.

No comments: