January 10, 2006

In fact, I'm apparently the world's biggest wuss.

Taekwondo class number two last night. Blown knee number one last night. I don't know what's going on with these injuries and all from taekwondo, but it's starting to piss me off. I never knew a bad landing could cause so much pain. Here is my poor gimpy leg.



They call this contraption the "Immobilizer." It sounds like the title for an Arnold Schwarzenegger movie. Anyway, I'm mad about the entire thing because I can't take class or jog until my knee heals. In the end, the doctor at the after hours walk-in diagnosed it as a sprain, but I've got to go to my normal doctor for follow-up. They took an x-ray last night and didn't see a break or anything, which is good. I've never injured my knee before, so this is all new to me.

When I landed from a number two jump kick, it felt like my knee joint popped out of the socket. It hurt like a mofo. I was lying on the mat and my husband and daughter came running over and I told everyone to finish the class. All I could was just lie there until the pain went away. Basically, this sucks.

No comments: