November 17, 2005

Must sleep. Eyes drooping.

I am freaking TIRED today. I didn't get much slepp because I took a nap for a couple of hours before I had to go to this reading at a local coffee shop and then when I got home, I took my codeine and for some reason that kept me awake even more. I didn't go to sleep until about midnight or so. I wake up at 5:30, so I really, really want to sleep right now. It's snowing. AAARRGH!!! I hate snow. Whine, whine, whine. Of course, my husband hasn't raked the leaves yet, so those are now being covered by snow and slowly turnin into large ice mountains in our driveway and yard. Great. Love it when that happens. We're supposed to go to the game this Saturday. A friend of ours gave us her tickets at the last minute. It's supposed to snow this weekend. I really don't like going to football games when it snows because it basically sucks. My husband is really keen to go watch football in the snow because he has this completely warped idea that it's going to be fun. I've tried explaining to him that it's not fun. You sit there freezing your ass off, getting soaked as the falling snow hits you and melts into your clothes. Plus you're sitting on that cold metal bleacher seat. You know, that's how you get hemorroids? By sitting on cold surfaces. At least that's what my mother used to tell me when I was a teenager. I used to freak out if I had to sit on cold concrete because I was SURE I'd end up with huge polyps hanging out of my ass. Of course, my mother has told me the reason I have large nostrils is because I stretched them open by picking my nose all the time as a child. So maybe Mom's a little off on this one, too. The only time I've ever had hemorroids was after I had my daughter and that basically because you end up pushing out all your internal organs with the baby. Of course, that includes turning your rectum inside out in the process. It can't be helped, I've realized. I don't remember them lasting too long or giving me too much discomfort. Of course, I was so bothered by the itching from my episiotomy, that I don't think I'd noticed much of anything else. Which makes me want to point out that Britney Spears must be crazy for going out braless. Isn't she worried about her boobs leaking? I had to wear a nursing bra and pads for about a year after my daughter was born because of milk leakage. I even had to wear them to bed. The only assumption I can make is that Britney must not be breastfeeding the little tike.

No comments: