November 18, 2005

Let's get karaoke!

When I was a girl, I really liked Olivia Newton-John. She was so cute in Grease and I wanted to be a muse after watching Xanadu five hundred million times. This is not an exaggeration. When I was in the sixth grade--which was about 1981 or so--my parents bought our first VCR. This is while we were living in Germany. They also bought two movies for us to watch on the VCR: Flash Gordon and Xanadu. I kid you not, my brother, sister and I watched Flash Gordon and Xanadu after school everyday for about two years. My sister and I recorded the songs off Xanadu by holding a tape recorder up to the television speaker so we could listen to the music anytime we wanted. I used to draw pictures of the muses. I really wanted to be Olivia Newton-John. All of this was before the time of Remington Steele, however, when I then became obsessed with Stephanie Zimbalist as Det. Laura Holt, and then wanted to be her. Not Stephanie Zimbalist, though. I wanted to be Laura Holt. Anyway, back to Olivia. Let's just say, I used to like her a lot. So here I am singing Physical.

this is an audio post - click to play

No comments: