April 11, 2005

Ugh.

Oh shit, I'm back to work. I am feeling really wiped out right now. Did I mention I've got a big 'ole cold sore on my lip? Well, I do. That could be contributing to my fatigue at the moment. I've been popping acyclovir like Pez the last four days. The swelling in my glands has gone down, but I'm still tired. I often get cold sores when the days turn sunny, but I usually try to be really dilligent with the sunblock so they don't pop up. I was not successful this year. I like to watch the way people try to get a look at whatever the hell is going on with my lip without being obvious about trying to get a look at whatever the hell is going on with my lip. Quick glance to the lip, look up at the eyes, another quick glance to the lip and squint a little to get a better look before going back to the eyes. I wish people would just ask so they can get over the discomfort of wondering if my husband beats me. It's what I would do.

"Damn, what's up with your lip?"

"Oh, nothing. My husband beats me."

I shouldn't joke about domestic violence, I know. It's in bad taste. I've got an interesting story to tell you about one of my daughter's friends but I don't have time right now. I had to drop this friend off to school this morning, but I'll tell you about it later after I've sorted through the backlog on my desk. Go to Korean Celt II and ask me a question already. Shoot, I'm beginning to think you don't want my advice.

No comments: