April 22, 2005

My brother bites the big one.

My brother won not one, but two, mini iPods yesterday from a radio station. I've wanted a mini iPod forever. Did he give the extra one to me, you ask? No. No he didn't. He gave it to his future-wife. I changed that boy's diapers when he was a baby and he gave the iPod to his fiancee. Is that justice, I ask? IS IT? I feel my heart beginning to crack and shatter inside my now hollow chest. Are those the winds of change I hear? No, just the winds of despair howling through the cavity of my soul.

Anyway, I've got to go to this benefit dinner with my husband tonight. I'm really not looking forward to it because I have to get dressed up and everything and all I want to do on Friday nights is veg out. It's some hospital gala. Although, since I've never been to something described as a gala before, it should at least prove enlightening. Although, you've got to wonder what constitutes a gala in rural Indiana. Too bad I don't have a digital camera, then I could take pictures to show all of you next week. The last benefit dinner we had to go to for my husband's bank was something, though, I must say. The night's entertainment was provided by the local high school's debate team. Several members performed dramatic monologues while we ate. It sure was something. Maybe this time we'll get a command performance of the passion play the pre-schoolers put on over at the First Methodist church down the street.

No comments: