April 21, 2005

Same old, same old

I'm still somewhat pissy today. Does that just make me pissish? Someone thinks my office phone is a fax machine and I'm starting to get angry at that high-pitched squeal screaming in my ear every time I answer the phone. Did you know that babies cry and bees buzz at the same frequency, which happens to be a frequency so annoying that it triggers feelings of anger? Supposedly, it's some inbred thing so we don't ignore babies crying or bees buzzing. I'm sure the reasons for this are obvious.

Or what, maybe I'm not remembering that correctly. Maybe it's that John Williams had the Jaws theme played on a synthesizer at the same frequency as bees buzzing to create a sense of dread in the listener. I'm talking about the duh, duh, duh, duh thing that plays right before Jaws attacks. You know what I'm talking about, right? Anyway, something about babies crying and bees buzzing freak us out.

I'm having lunch with one of my editors today so I can bitch and moan about how much I hate everyone. I'm sure it'll be an enjoyable time.

No comments: