January 11, 2005

You could be a farmer in those clothes.

Hey everyone. I was out sick yesterday, so no post. However, as you see, I am back to work and well--relatively speaking. I've been struggling with where to put all my daughter's toys from Christmas. She has an obscene amount of stuff for a seven-year-old. This year we went to my parents' house (as I've mentioned) and my mom and dad gave her presents out the ying-yang. So, I have nowhere to put them. She's got dragons and wildlife animals all over the floor of her room. It was interesting doing the Santa shopping this year because she wanted dragon and pokemon stuff. When we checked out at Toys-r-Us, all we had was stuff you'd think was for a boy. However, we try to tell her there is no such thing as boy's toys and girl's toys and that they're all just toys. She gave all her Barbies away to her school last year. She kept all the playsets, though, because she likes to use them for her pokemon figures and animal figures and whatever else she has. When she asked for the dragons this year I told her it would be really funny if she had the dragons attack all her My Little Pony ponies. She got the My Little Pong castle and several ponies for Christmas last year. Anyway, she thought it was a pretty good idea, too. I think she's planning the battle as I write this. I'm sure in the end, the carnage will be unspeakable.

Do you want to know what sucks? Delivering girl scout cookies in bad weather. That's what I've got to do now. All the orders came in and we've got to schlep around in the muck and slush to deliver them to everyone. Really, it sucks major donkey dicks. I wish I could just have everyone come to my house and pick them up. That would be cool.

No comments: