January 27, 2005

Oh, my sciatic!

I had the ergonomics guy in yesterday to evaluate my chair and computer set-up because my back and neck are always killing me. I've got a bad back anyway, ever since I injured my back in gymnastics as a girl, but I thought these guys have got to do something to help me out. Apparently my monitor was too low and my chair too far away from the keyboard and my posture sucks. I could have told them all that. What I was really hoping for was that they'd order me a Mac Daddy chair that would,you know, vibrate and stuff. But no, these cheap bastards set my monitor up on two reams of copier paper and tightened the bolt on the bottom of my chair so the back wouldn't rock back. I wanted a new chair. They have these massage chairs at Brookstones that are AWESOME. I know you all know what I'm talking about. The chairs that give you the deep muscle rub. We were testing some out over Christmas. You don't ever want to get out of those chairs because they just feel so good. There was this foot massage thing, too, that I really liked. If I had that foot thing, I'd bring that into work and use it all day long. It kind of hurts, you know, with those nubs pushing into the bottom of your feet, but it's good pain. Ooooh, yeah. Good pain. See, I'm typing right now with the wrist rest thing on my keyboard raised up and now it's making my shoulder hurt to have my arms in this position. Thanks ergonomics guy. Thanks for nuthin'. I have one friend who's a graphic designer and she told me when she worked at this one newspaper, they totally gave everyone their own personalized, ergonomically correct workspace so that everyone had their own comfort pod. That's what I wanted. I wanted the comfort pod. Oh well, guess I'll order some stuff out of the office supply catalog to ease the pain.

No comments: