January 13, 2005

Women don't perspire, they glow.

But I straight out SWEAT. In an attempt to squeeze in even the most miniscule amount of exercise into my busy, busy day, I walk up the stairs to my office every morning. I'm on the top floor of my building (eleven stories), so I use footpower. I started doing it after I noticed how slim a woman who works on my floor was getting and she said she just started walking up and down the stairs twice a day. I said, "That's all?" She said she's also watching what she eats, but that the stairs was it for exercise. I don't do it twice because I figure my jogging makes up for it. Anyway, by the time I get up here, I'm sweating pretty good. It's not even because I'm that exhausted or anything, I just start to sweat quite profusely when I do anything physical. I also get really red in the face so people sometimes think I'm ready to pass out, which I'm not. I don't know why it happens, but it just does. Anyway, sweating when you're exercising and you don't have anywhere to go afterward is one thing, but sweating at the beginning of your work day is kind of gross. I have to strip down to the least level of deceny and sit here for about ten minutes drinking water and waiting for the sweat to evaporate. I will say this much, though, I've definitely noticed that jogging is much easier since I've been taking the stairs. I don't know if it's improved my cardiovascular health or what, but muscle fatigue stops me before breathlessness does these days.

On different topic entirely, I don't often worry too much about celebrity lives, but what's the deal with Jennifer Aniston divorcing Brad Pitt? She's obviously on crack cocaine. I mean, damn girl, that's Brad Pitt. You crazy? What makes me sad about it is that it seems the only reason they're getting divorced is because she doesn't want to have children. Now, not that I think a woman should ever be pressured into having children when she doesn't want them, but if her reason for not having children is because she thinks it's going to ruin her movie career, I've got to question her maturity. Actually, if that is her reason for not having children, it's better she doesn't have them because she doesn't have the emotional maturity to be a good parent. Children don't have to ruin your career; although, they definitely do change it. Also, isn't this one of the most basic things men and women are supposed to figure out before they get married? I feel especially sorry for Brad Pitt, he just wants a family. Is that so wrong? If only I wasn't already taken, Brad. I could make your dreams come true. Come to me, Brad. Let me calm your troubled heart. I don't care about my movie career.

No comments: