January 25, 2005

We've only just begun to live. Something, something and promises.

I forgot to mention yesterday that over the weekend, I was singing some mean karaoke with the awesome karaoke microphone my mother gave me for Christmas. I've mentioned the mic before, if you recall. Anyway, I'm singing some mean karaoke Saturday night and my daughter falls asleep on the couch because she's drugged up with Dimetapp. The really amazing thing, though, is that she stayed asleep while I continued singing. At the top of my lungs. So, very loudly. She slept through the entire thing. She slept through my renditions of Fly Me to the Moon and Dream On, which ended up causing me severe vocal cord injury. After singing Dream On and then Dude Looks Like a Lady, I have put to rest any misguided notion that there is another human being on this planet--other than Steve Tyler, of course--who can actually sing an Aerosmith song without having their head explode. So hat's off to the Dimetapp. That stuff's the Bomb, G.

No comments: