January 14, 2005

Friday, once again.

So here we are at another Friday. I'm cold, so cold. Vital signs shutting down. Did I mention I hate winter? My sister's Christmas gifts to us arrived last night and my daughter nearly had a coronary when she opened her gift: a gameboy. She's wanted one for awhile, so she was pretty psyched, to put it mildly. She nearly peed her pants when she first opened the game and then realized the other package had to be the unit. She screeched and lovingly fingered the gameboy with the adoration of a priest to the host. She said, "This is one of the happiest days of my life." Why can't adults be so easily pleased? Although, I suppose if someone where to give me a mini Ipod, I'd be pretty ecstatic myself. Who could imagine that we'd get so much pleasure from a battery-operated device? Uh, hmm.

Renee, one of the grad students working with me this year, left a little surpise for me on my desk. She made me a a placard with the title, "Supreme Ruler," burned into it. It's AWESOME. I'm going to put it over my desk so all may remember the glory of me. :-) It's actually an inside joke of sorts. When I was hired as executive editor to NDR, they wondered what my title should be and I told them, "I want to be called Supreme Ruler." They laughed because they thought I was joking and then I assured them, "I'm serious." Then they stopped laughing and coughed uncomfortably and said, "Hmm, executive editor, that sounds good." So there you have it. But now with my true title restored, I can conquer the planet and have my way with all of humanity. Ha, ha, ha. (this is evil, maniacal laughing, by the way.)

No comments: