January 04, 2005

There's no such thing as too much power.

Ya know, my brother seems to think I can't handle my power tools. One of the things on my wish list is the Paslode 900600 Impulse Angle Finish Nailer. He said he briefly thought about getting that for me for my Christmas gift but changed his mind because he thought it was "too much tool" for me. I'm like, what? There's no such thing, Jack. The manufacturer's description is below:

Get powerful fastening with the convenience of a hammer when you use this cordless finish nailer from Paslode. It drives 1-1/4- to 2-1/2-inch nails into the hardest woods allowing you to complete a variety of finish applications with one tool. Only 4.9 pounds with battery, this nailer features a depth-of-drive wheel with probe position indicator that provides precise control of nail depth in hard or soft wood, an angled magazine for easy access to corners and tight spots, and a lockout features that locks the tool at 10 nails to prevent blank firing and damage to wood surfaces. NOT recommended to be used above 5000 feet or below 20 degrees F.

I don't understand what comes across as being too powerful. I need this nailer so I can put up some crown moulding and other things I've been wanting to do around the house. I am strong, like horse. I need tools just as strong. So he got me a shirt instead. Also something from my wish list so just as appreciated, but I am not a delicate flower who can't keep up with the big boys. I want to be able to hold up the moulding and, BAM, nail that sucker in place. I believe I am justified in my choice of equipment.

No comments: