January 05, 2005

The next generation of karaoke.

I almost forgot to mention the best present I got over the holiday--a Leadsinger karaoke microphone from my dear, dear mother. I've never talked about my love of karaoke before, but trust me when I say it's real, it's deep, and it's eternal, just like a mormon binding ceremony. Anyway, if you're unfamiliar with Leadsinger, which bills itself as the next generation of karaoke, you're truly missing out on one of the more magical modern inventions out there. It's endorsed by the lovely and multi-talented Debbie Gibson of '80s pop music fame. So how could you go wrong?

Bascially, everything you need is in the mic. You just plug the microphone into your television and the words appear on screen and the music plays. As simple as that you're dancing on the ceiling with Lionel or giving Celine a run for her money. I don't want to go so far as to say it's a religious experience, but it comes awfully close, I must say. My husband, daughter and I spent the evening singing, and I really think we've got a shot at being a real-life Partridge Family. No joke. We're that good.

No comments: