February 06, 2006

Random bitch moment.

OK, this is what I hate: I hate it when strangers try to act like they know you. Case in point, I went to the cafeteria to get my lunch and ordered a special, which was grilled cheese and tomato soup (which is my favorite lunch of all time), but there were no grilled cheese sandwiches so the guy behind the counter had to grill one up for me. In the meantime, I went to get my soup. When I got back, he handed me my sandwich and I said thanks. Then he says to me, "Have a nice smile." So I smiled in acknowledgment of his comment while I put a lid on my sandwhich. Then he said, "What's wrong? You don't seem to be in a good mood today." Now, this kind of thing really pisses me because what I want to say is, "Bitch, do you know me? No, I don't think so. So how the fuck would you know if I'm in a good mood today or not. Just because I'm not batting my eyelashes at your sloppy, toothless grin doesn't mean I'm in a bad mood. I was in a perfectly good mood until you started acting like you know me." Instead, I said, "I'm in a neutral mood," then left to pay for my stuff.

No comments: