February 07, 2006

I'm injury-free.

Well, I finally managed to get through a taekwondo class without passing out or injuring myself. Life is good. I wrapped up my knee really tight and put on a brace. I nearly cut off the circulation from my leg, but I didn't get hurt. Next up is to try and do some jogging, but I'll probably wait until next week to add that to the repertoire. We were hoping to go visit the puppy this weekend, but I just heard back from the puppy lady and she's not open Sunday. Bummer. Guess we'll have to try for next weekend. Saturday is pretty full for us between karate and the Valentine's Dance my committee is throwing at the church. I don't know why the parishioners at my church are such losers, but they are. So far, we've only got about 40 people coming to the dance and that includes those of us on the committee. I don't even try anymore. I just go through the motions to set-up dinner and dancing. I don't put any extra energy into planning this thing anymore because the turnout is always so poor. It's going to be a good dinner, though. We're going to have lemon chicken, house salad, green bean amandine, rolls, red roasted potoatoes, and chocolate sin cake. If nothing else, it'll be a nice evening with my friends and husband. It would be better if we didn't have to stick around to clean up, but those are the breaks as Kurtis Blow likes to say.

No comments: