February 01, 2005

That's a spicy stuff.

I'm sitting here drinking spicy hot V8. I am finding this much easier to choke down than regular V8, so I will be making a permanent switch to spicy. I hate regular V8, but, you know, I'm getting to that age where I've got to be really aware of the food I eat or I will turn into one big momma, if you get my drift. What's funny, though, is that the spicy V8 has five more calories than regular V8. I wouldn't have thought tobasco or whatever they put in here would be five more calories. Doesn't that seem surprising? It does to me. Not that the calories are really an issue because it's all just vegetables. It's performance review time here at work. It's not really anything I sweat because I am sooooooo wonderful at what I do that the praise does get a bit embarrassing after awhile. Although, I'll probably get knocked down a few points in the "creates a pleasant environment" section because I yell at people a lot and demand stuff. But that's OK. Really, I think people like the yelling. They like being dominated by me. Heh, heh, heh. No, but seriously, they do. Oh, wait, I've got to mark a rejection down in my submission journal before I forget. OK, I'm back.

Yesterday was '50s dress-up day at my daughter's school and I forgot, so I sent her to school in her regular uniform and when I picked her up at the end of the day she told me that she felt really left out all day long. I told her to get used to that feeling. Naw, I'm joking. I really told her I was sorry for forgetting, so I made sure to dress her up for USA day today. She wanted to wear her "Proud to be a Republican" button. I told her go ahead, but take if off if someone tells her she can't wear it at school. It's Catholic Schools week, so they're having all these special days this week. Just in case you're wondering, I am still mad at corporate America.

No comments: