February 03, 2005

But everyone else is doing it.

OK, I'm jumping on the high-class, sex-monger bandwagon by presenting my elouai doll to you all.

The hair should be longer and darker, but for the most part, I think it gives a pretty good representation of my taste and style, or lack thereof depending on your opinion.

Of course, unlike said sex-mongers wishing to keep their identities anonymous, you can see what I actually do look like to determine how close I really got. Now I know why actors get psyched when toy companies make action figures bearing their likenesses. It's fun. Although, you know, some of those action figures come out looking pretty damn scary and you have to really wonder about the artistic abilities of the person who created the initial model. Some of them look nothing like the actor, and then others are surprisingly close. Remember that Lionel Richie video where the blind girl is making the clay bust of Lionel? Well, the final product was scary looking to me and that's kind of how some of those action figures come out. You know, like a blind person sculpted it. Not that I'm trying to discount the artistic abilities of our vision-impaired brothers and sisters, I'm just saying. Maybe what made it so weird was how they actually tried to recreate Lionel's gerry curl in clay. I'm going to have to say that hair style doesn't translate very well to that particular medium.

No comments: