February 25, 2005

Bad dream

I think I had the worst dream of my life last night: I dreamt that my daughter was hit by a car in a parking lot. I believe I actually woke up screaming. It was the worst feeling I have ever experienced in my life. Man, if that's how bad it feels in a dream, I DO NOT want to experience the real thing. But it's morning and it's all over. Here's the plumber update. American Home Shield did not call me back like they said they would, so I had to call again yesterday. I spoke to Joanie and told her that Amy said she would be getting back in touch and all the information that I was now giving her was already given to Amy two days before. Anyway, Joanie said she'd have a drywall guy call me, which did happen. The drywall guy called me last night and will be coming over 7:30 Saturday morning to look at the hole. Now, I've got to work on making sure they cover the cost of installing my sink once I get a new one.

I am having people over tonight. It's the annual pizza party for the editorial assistants. It's basically the only payment they get for doing the work they do. I told people they better be prepared to sing karaoke or they won't get anything to eat. I'm anxious to see the looks of fear when I pull out the old karaoke mike. It should be good for a couple of laughs. My husband wants to hang up this picture of George W. and Laura Bush that he just got from the RNC before all the grad students show up. He likes to antagonize the liberals in the same way that some people like to poke sticks in between the bars of the bear cage at the zoo. Tomorrow is "Thinking Day" for my daughter's brownie troop. I don't understand why they call it thinking day when what's really happening is all the troops are setting up tables with information on different countries. My daughter's troop had China, so they made a poster and stuff. It should be called "UN Day" or "World Day" or something more along those lines. My daughter said she was the only one who voted for Korea and she wants to know why the other girls didn't want to do Korea. What can I say? We live in the Midwest. The other girls have probably only heard of China. I shouldn't put down Midwesterners so badly, but I'm sure they deserve it.

No comments: