June 28, 2006

Things are pretty slow.

I find with the child gone, I don't seem to have much to talk about. Hmmm, I wonder why. Actually, she comes home this weekend, so we're pretty excited about that. I don't know if I mentioned it or not, but we had our dog spayed last week. It's been a chore since she's been back because she seems to have forgotten all her potty training. Why does having a dog seem like the most difficult thing in the world to me? Millions of people have dogs and don't seem overly traumatized by it. Am I just weird? But I seriously feel like I have not had one moment of relaxation since we got the dog because she has to constantly be watched. It feels like I can never just relax and unwind because I feel like I have to follow the dog around to make sure she doesn't have an accident, which invariably happens whether I'm watching her or not. She's a cute dog and all but I still haven't decided whether or not this aggravation has been worth it. I also hate how all the books about potty training seem to assume someone can stay home all day to teach the dog. How about a book that tells you how to potty train when you've got to be gone during the day and can't get home at lunch or something to let the dog out? That's the book I want.

No comments: