June 20, 2006

I am TIRED.

I'm back from my super-quick trip to DC. Drove to Northern Virigina Friday and drove back yesterday. I want to sleep now. It was a whirlwind because we had to go to a barbeque on Saturday and then we spent all of Sunday in Baltimore at my aunt's anniversary party. My daughter is staying in DC with my parents for two weeks, so I drove back all by myself and I sang for eleven hours straight to keep myself awake. It wasn't too bad, though. I got home about 5:30, so I had the evening to relax. The vet just called and Mookie is doing fine after her surgery. She's getting spayed. The tech said Mookie had the smallest uterus she's ever seen, which isn't surprising since Mookie isn't even five pounds. But, she'll stay the night and then I'll pick her up tomorrow. I wanted to stop by the vet to see her today, but everyone thinks it will be too upsetting to her if she sees me and then doesn't go home with me, so I'll be patient and wait. Seriously, I am struggling to keep my eyes open right now. I am beat.

No comments: