June 21, 2006

So that's what I've been missing, hmmm?

With the child gone for two weeks, my husband and I have had the opportunity to watch something on television other than Nickelodeon, Disney Channel or Cartoon Network. So last night we watched Last Comic Standing on Bravo and then NBC. There were some pretty good comics on the show, but I do not understand why that Stella got to go on the boat. She is not funny at all. I was surprised the girl with the lisp didn't get selected because she was hilarious to me. At any rate, it was really weird sitting there and watching television for the entire evening because I really can't remember the last time I've done that on a week night. I usually have to wait until everyone is asleep and then I can watch a movie I want to watch or something, but I'm usually half falling asleep. We only have one television in our house, you see. I don't want my daughter to have a TV in her room because of all the statistics that show children who have their own televisions tend to be more anti-social then those who don't. So if it means I have to watch kids' shows most of the time, so be it. Another show we watched a little was this Janice Dickinson's Modeling Agency. First off, bitch is crazy. We only watched for about fifteen minutes but it was the most boring fifteen minutes of my life. There was absolutely nothing interesting about her life. I predict that this show will fail. She just yells at everyone. Her son is constantly trying to get her to calm down, which I just find sad that the son is more mature than the mother.

No comments: