March 22, 2006

What the Hell?

I had my first official session at the physical therapist yesterday and I am left wondering what the hell I am paying them money for because they didn't do a damn thing I couldn't have done on my own for free. I get there and the first thing they have me do is my normal exercises that I've been doing all week, then they have me step up and down with my bad leg and then they put me on a bike for ten minutes. Nobody did anything to me, they just told me what to do and then left me alone. Oh, someone did wrap my leg in ice for five minutes after I was done with all my exercises, so that's probably what I'm paying them for. On top of it all, it took them twenty minutes to even get me started. That probably pissed me off more than anything because if they were going to have me do everything on my own anyway, why didn't they just set me up as soon as I walked in the door? I have a life. I have a schedule. I've got better things to do than sit and wait to exercise on my own. Anyway, they better show me something worth something next time I go in.

I've been thinking a lot about my birthday, which is coming up in a couple of weeks. I've been thinking about turning 37. I don't know why. I'm not weirded out about it or anything, but I've sure been thinking about it a lot. Probably because if there's something I was to accomplish while I'm still in my 30's, I'm realizing I don't have very much time left. Which brings the question, what do I still want to accomplish in my 30's? Writing a book would be nice if I could get around to it. Seriously, do we ever reach an age where we figure out this entire life thing?

No comments: