March 30, 2006

That's not right.

I just paid 60¢ for the worst damn cup of coffee I've ever had. It's my own fault because I bought it out of a vending machine, so what the hell did I expect, right? Well, I don't think I expected it to melt the tastebuds off my tongue. But I drank it. Oh, sweet caffeine is a hard mistress to deny. I guess I should be thankful I didn't have the 85¢ needed to buy a large cup.

I just saw Mad Max for the first time last night and I'm not understanding how the world of Mad Max transformed into the world of Thunderdome. The Mad Max world looked pretty civilized to me. They had hospitals and television. Obviously, I will have to watch Road Warrior at some point to fill in the blanks. I thought Mad Max was supposed to take place in a post-apocalyptic world, too. I was also surpised at how quickly Mel Gibson popped off the motorcycle gang after they got his wife and kid. That all takes place in the last half hour of the movie. Usually, the wife and kid get bumped off in the beginning of the film and the hero spends the rest of the movie tracking down and killing the bad guys. It was definitely an interesting film to watch.

No comments: