March 21, 2006

Oops.

You know, I only realized today that I hadn't posted anything yesterday. Maybe I didn't have anything interesting to say. Yesterday my eldest nephew turned 12 and it was making me feel pretty old. He's the first grandkid in the family so he's sort of the marking point for old because I still remember him as a little baby. He'll be a teenager next year and that's really freaking me out. How will I feel when my daughter turns 13? I really don't want to think about it because she's already PMSing half the time as it is. I really don't want to imagine what it will be like when she's actually got the hormones to back it up. I'm running a slight fever today, but I just swallowed a handful of drugs to get me through the day, so we'll see how it goes. I'm on the Dayquil, which is my favorite cold medicine because it makes you loopy. Loopy is fun. It gives you a good excuse to be ignorant for the day. I have physical therapy today. I've been doing my exercises pretty religiously and I think I can tell there is some improvement. I didn't do my exercises as much as I should have over the weekend and I could sure tell yesterday morning because my knee did feel stiff. The exercise that's actually the hardest for me to do is the easiest. I lie on my stomach face-down while letting the bottom half of my legs hang off the edge of the bed so that gravity pulls my knee straight. That one hurts like a mother and I am counting down the seconds for my five minutes to be up with that one. It pains me.

No comments: