May 04, 2005

Oooh, wee, ooh, ohhh (spooky music)

I'm copying Cesca from the Garden Wall with this zodiac thing because it is eerily accurate. As you can see, it's spooky music accurate.







Your Birthdate: April 12

Being born on the 12th day of the month (3 energy) is likely to add a good bit of vitality to your life.

The energy of 3 allows you bounce back rapidly from setbacks, physical or mental.

There is a restlessness in your nature, but you seem to be able to portray an easygoing, sometimes "couldn't care less" attitude.



You have a natural ability to express yourself in public, and you always make a very good impression.

Good with words, you excel in writing, speaking, and possibly singing.

You are energetic and always a good conversationalist.



You have a keen imagination, but you tend to scatter your energies and become involved with too may superficial matters.

Your mind is practical and rational despite this tendency to jump about.

You are affectionate and loving - but very sensitive.

You are subject to rapid ups and downs.




This is my husband...







Your Birthdate: July 7

Born on the 7th day of month gives you a tendency to be something of a perfectionist and makes you more individualistic in many ways.

Your mind is good at deep mental analysis and complicated reasoning.

You are very psychic and sensitive, and you should usually follow your hunches.



You may not take orders too well, so you may want to work alone or in a situation where you can be the boss.

This birthday gives a tendency to be somewhat self-centered and a little stubborn.




And this is my daughter...







Your Birthdate: October 24

Born on the 24th, you have a greater capacity for responsibility and helping others than your may have realized.

You may also become the mediator and peacemaker in inharmonious situations.

Devoted to family, you tend to manage and protect.



This birth date adds to the emotional nature and perhaps to the sensitivities.

Affections are important to you; both the giving and the receiving.



OK, I just looked and found out that the little horoscopes on this site depend on the day of the month you select, changing the month doesn't do anything. I'm really disappointed. I don't know why.

I get a free lunch today, so that's a good thing.

My husband asked me last night what I wanted for Mother's Day. My response to this question (as it is with every question that beings with What would you like for...) was: "I don't know."

Sometime the answer is, "Nothing." Usually, for any special occasion, we all go out for dinner. But I was watching one of these Kay Jeweler commericials hawking cheap diamonds for Mother's Day and it really made me wonder who wants this junk? The jewery they show is never appealling to me. I'm not a big jewelry person to begin with, but even if I were, I really wouldn't want to get the stuff they show on these commercials because I would consider it a waste of money. That being said, I also know it's frustrating to want to get a gift for one's mother and get no cooperation from said mother as to what she would like. I'm speaking of my own mother, just in case you haven't picked up on that.

One year for Christmas, I got my mother a girdle because it was the first time in my life she had actually given me a specific answer to the question: "What would you like for Christmas?" Did I like getting her a girdle? No, but I figured, damn, if she wants a girdle, I'm getting it. However, it did turn out to be the wrong kind of girdle. I don't know what the right kind of girdle is, though.

But I also find I can't just come up with something to say that I'd like just for the sake of saying that I want something because I really, really, really don't like wasting money. I don't like having unnecessary stuff which, I know, sounds ungracious. What I would really like is something like the celebrity make-up artist treatment (which I've mentioned before), or to be the recipient of the "What Not to Wear" shopping spree, or to have someone come in a turn my bedroom into my getaway from life, or to have someone give me a personal trainer, or to go to the Oscars. These are all pretty unrealistic wishes, but they really are the sort of things I'd like to have happen to me. Which is why, if I can't have that, I'd rather have nothing. Especially not the crappy "Mom" ring from Kay's.

No comments: