May 27, 2005

I almost forgot...

I was so keen to tell you about my new MP3 player, I totally forgot to mention the very nice thing that happened to me Wednesday. My friends threw me a belated surprise birthday party. We had plans to meet at a local pizza joint with the kids as a summer kick-off. So when I get there, one of my friends presents me with a very nice bouquet of roses. It was so sweet and I told her, "You didn't have to do that." And she says, "Well, I felt bad about not doing something when it was your birthday."

Aaaah, so sweet.

So our other friend gets there and then my husband and then my friend's husband shows up and we all eat pizza and have a generally good time. Then one of my friends disappears and reappears with a cake that she and her daughters had baked to celebrate my birthday. Now I'm really flabbergasted because it's all such a surprise. The cake was good and my friends picked up the bill. So you see, some things are worth waiting for.

Update on my daugther and her maybe staph infection: I called the doctor's office Tuesday to find out if they had the results from the culture yet and that launches a flurry of phone calls between me and the office because no one can locate the culture and the lab has no record of it. So at this point, I still don't know if she's got staph or not, but I'm giving her the antibiotics they prescribed. Today is the first day that it seems like maybe the sores are healing, but it's hard for me to really know because they're still pretty fiery red looking to me. Plus, my daughter has sprouted a couple of other sores on her scalp that weren't there they day we saw the doctor. So I don't know. I'm going to try a different shampoo on her just to see if that might help the sores on her head.

No comments: