November 02, 2007

Busy, busy, busy

I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off. Between my daughter's birthday, family get togethers and volunteering for stage crew at the civic theatre, I can't catch my breath. I'm not complaining, but I feel like I'm in the inside of a tornado. We tried to feed the snake for the first time on Wednesday, and he wouldn't take it. So, I woke up Thursday morning to find a dead pinkie in the tank. I'm not squeamish about feeding live food to the snake, but I want it to take care of business when I do. It's not particularly easy watching that poor bald thing squirm around looking for body heat and a teat. And then it makes the little squeaking noises. My daughter said as we stood waiting to see if the snake would eat, "I feel sorry for the pinkie." Nature is cruel.

No comments: